Thursday 24 March 2011

(1) Hello my name is...


 My name is Amanda and I am a Sound Major at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (UNCSA). I live in Raleigh now but I am originally from Gainesville Florida. I have two sisters, Jennifer (17) and Kristin (15). I don't really ever miss my home but I do miss my friends from back home. Winston is only about a two hour drive from Raleigh, so I can go home if i ever need to which is really convenient. Being close to home has helped reduce the feeling of homesickness that I have seen so many of my classmates experience.

Dad, Kristin (15), Mom, Jennifer (17)
My fathers parents are from Cuba, they came over after my fathers oldest brother was born. My grandfather didn't speak English when they came over so he still has a very heavy Spanish accent. My Mema and Papa live in Palm Bay, Florida. Before I moved to Raleigh 7 years ago I lived in Gainesville, Florida.




Urban Exploring in Downtown Raleigh
The things that matter the most to me are my family and my friends. I love being able to spend time with the people who make me the happiest, so I surround myself with fun and enjoyable people. I also love working in the theater. I am here at school to learn about Sound but I like all aspects of the theater experience. From Lighting to Building, and Costumes to Stage Managing, I think that it is all extremely enjoyable.

Amber and Me
I've had a few different jobs over the years, and I think that all young people should have some job. Having a job teaches you to be responsible and how to deal with the public. My most recent, non theater job was at a bagel shop in Raleigh. I worked there for two years while also working as a cashier at a grocery store and going to high school. It was a lot of work for me, but it taught me how to budget my time well, and it made me more conscious of my money. Working, both in and out of the theater, has brought me many fond memories and friends I won't soon be forgetting. 

I would Like to Visit Cuba Some Day...



No comments:

Post a Comment